grcschema@listserv.grcschema.org

This is the discussion forum for GRC Schema.

View all threads

Proposed addition to naming conventions

DC
Dorian Cougias
Wed, Mar 3, 2021 5:14 PM

I would like to propose an addition to the naming conventions for disambiguation purposes.

I would like the following object added to GRCSChema.org, showing external federated identifiers.

This would be applicable (immediately) for Person Name, Organization Name, Group Name, Asset Name, Authority Document Name (this would add to the AD identifier list).

Basically it consists of an authority source code (ours is grcschema for now) and the id in that system.

The list is as follows:

BAV
Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana
BNE
Biblioteca Nacional de España
BNF
Bibliothèque Nationale de France
DNB
Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
EGAXA
Bibliotheca Alexandrina (Egypt)
ICCU
Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico
JPG
Getty Research Institute
LC
Library of Congress/NACO
LAC
Library and Archives Canada
NKC
National Library of the Czech Republic
NLA
National Library of Australia
NLIara
National Library of Israel (Arabic)
NLIcyr
National Library of Israel (Cyrillic)
NLIheb
National Library of Israel (Hebrew)
NLIlat
National Library of Israel (Latin)
NUKAT
The National Union Catalog of Poland
PTBNP
Biblioteca Nacional de Portugal
SELIBR
National Library of Sweden
SWNL
Swiss National Library
GRCSchema
GRCSchema.org

The format is shown below, with the local id, and then each of the authorities that maintain IDs for the same record.

{
"authority_source":
{
"lc": "n95094853",
"bnf": "14579256",
"grcschema": "27311176",
"id": "27311176"
}
}

Best,

Dorian J. Cougias
Co-Founder and Compliance Scientist
Unified Compliance Framework

10161 Park Run Drive, Suite 150
Las Vegas, Nevada 89145
(o): 702-805-0662
(c): 650-255-3552

CommonControlsHub.com
ComplianceDictionary.com
STIGViewer.com
UCFMapper.com
UCFResearch.com
UnifiedCompliance.com

[...]
SK
Sean Kohler
Wed, Mar 3, 2021 9:35 PM

Dorian,

To support this, here is the proposed structure:

  1. To capture the list of Authority Sources by abbreviation and name:  https://grcschema.org/AuthoritySource  We created a table to hold these and have imported the data.  We can grow this list as needed.

[cid:751dae19-3cbb-48a7-88c0-aab4a6ffadeb]

  1. The general mechanism of displaying a single object for an AuthoritySource record: https://grcschema.org/AuthorityIdentifier This is just a schema definition of the structure and isn't implemented in data. authority_source_fk, abbreviation, and name are derived from the AuthoritySource table and record_id is the representative record id in the source system.

{
"@context": "http://grcschema.org/",
"@type": "AuthorityIdentifier",
"abbreviation": "String",
"authority_source_fk": "Integer",
"id": "Integer",
"name": "String",
"record_id": "String"
}

  1. In practice, this object in a Person record has the person_fk added: https://grcschema.org/PersonAuthorityIdentifiers

{
"@context": "http://grcschema.org/",
"@type": "PersonAuthorityIdentifiers",
"@set": [
{
"PersonAuthorityIdentifier": {
"@type": "PersonAuthorityIdentifier",
"name": "String",
"id": "Integer",
"person_fk": "Integer",
"abbreviation": "String",
"record_id": "String",
"authority_source_fk": "Integer"
}
}
]
}

Please let us know if this will be acceptable, and we will add the object into Person.

Thank you,

Sean Kohler, CTO
p. 702.805.2467
Unified Compliance
www.unifiedcompliance.comhttp://www.unifiedcompliance.com

"My computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick-boxing." -Emo Phillips

[...]

Dorian, To support this, here is the proposed structure: 1. To capture the list of Authority Sources by abbreviation and name: https://grcschema.org/AuthoritySource We created a table to hold these and have imported the data. We can grow this list as needed. [cid:751dae19-3cbb-48a7-88c0-aab4a6ffadeb] 1. The general mechanism of displaying a single object for an AuthoritySource record: https://grcschema.org/AuthorityIdentifier This is just a schema definition of the structure and isn't implemented in data. authority_source_fk, abbreviation, and name are derived from the AuthoritySource table and record_id is the representative record id in the source system. { "@context": "http://grcschema.org/", "@type": "AuthorityIdentifier", "abbreviation": "String", "authority_source_fk": "Integer", "id": "Integer", "name": "String", "record_id": "String" } 1. In practice, this object in a Person record has the person_fk added: https://grcschema.org/PersonAuthorityIdentifiers { "@context": "http://grcschema.org/", "@type": "PersonAuthorityIdentifiers", "@set": [ { "PersonAuthorityIdentifier": { "@type": "PersonAuthorityIdentifier", "name": "String", "id": "Integer", "person_fk": "Integer", "abbreviation": "String", "record_id": "String", "authority_source_fk": "Integer" } } ] } Please let us know if this will be acceptable, and we will add the object into Person. Thank you, ​ Sean Kohler, CTO p. 702.805.2467 Unified Compliance www.unifiedcompliance.com<http://www.unifiedcompliance.com> "My computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick-boxing." -Emo Phillips ________________________________ From: Dorian Cougias via Grcschema <grcschema@listserv.grcschema.org> Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 9:14 AM To: GRCSChema Mailing List <grcschema@listserv.grcschema.org> Subject: [Grcschema] Proposed addition to naming conventions I would like to propose an addition to the naming conventions for disambiguation purposes. I would like the following object added to GRCSChema.org, showing external federated identifiers. This would be applicable (immediately) for Person Name, Organization Name, Group Name, Asset Name, Authority Document Name (this would add to the AD identifier list). Basically it consists of an authority source code (ours is grcschema for now) and the id in that system. The list is as follows: BAV Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana BNE Biblioteca Nacional de España BNF Bibliothèque Nationale de France DNB Deutsche Nationalbibliothek EGAXA Bibliotheca Alexandrina (Egypt) ICCU Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico JPG Getty Research Institute LC Library of Congress/NACO LAC Library and Archives Canada NKC National Library of the Czech Republic NLA National Library of Australia NLIara National Library of Israel (Arabic) NLIcyr National Library of Israel (Cyrillic) NLIheb National Library of Israel (Hebrew) NLIlat National Library of Israel (Latin) NUKAT The National Union Catalog of Poland PTBNP Biblioteca Nacional de Portugal SELIBR National Library of Sweden SWNL Swiss National Library GRCSchema GRCSchema.org The format is shown below, with the local id, and then each of the authorities that maintain IDs for the same record. { "authority_source": { "lc": "n95094853", "bnf": "14579256", "grcschema": "27311176", "id": "27311176" } } — Best, Dorian J. Cougias Co-Founder and Compliance Scientist Unified Compliance Framework 10161 Park Run Drive, Suite 150 Las Vegas, Nevada 89145 (o): 702-805-0662 (c): 650-255-3552 CommonControlsHub.com ComplianceDictionary.com STIGViewer.com UCFMapper.com UCFResearch.com UnifiedCompliance.com
DC
Dorian Cougias
Wed, Mar 3, 2021 10:03 PM

I think it’s perfect. Anyone else?

Best,

Dorian J. Cougias
Managing Director
GRCSchema.org

From: Sean Kohler via Grcschema grcschema@listserv.grcschema.org
Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 1:35 PM
Subject: [Grcschema] Re: Proposed addition to naming conventions

    [cid:image001.png@01D71035.F213BD50]

  2. The general mechanism of displaying a single object for an AuthoritySource record: https://grcschema.org/AuthorityIdentifier This is just a schema definition of the structure and isn't implemented in data. authority_source_fk, abbreviation, and name are derived from the AuthoritySource table and record_id is the representative record id in the source system.

{

[...]

I think it’s perfect. Anyone else? — Best, Dorian J. Cougias Managing Director GRCSchema.org 10161 Park Run Drive, Suite 150 Las Vegas, Nevada 89145 (o): 702-805-0662 (c): 650-255-3552 From: Sean Kohler via Grcschema <grcschema@listserv.grcschema.org> Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 1:35 PM To: GRCSChema Mailing List <grcschema@listserv.grcschema.org>, Dorian Cougias <dcougias@unifiedcompliance.com> Subject: [Grcschema] Re: Proposed addition to naming conventions Dorian, To support this, here is the proposed structure: 1. To capture the list of Authority Sources by abbreviation and name: https://grcschema.org/AuthoritySource We created a table to hold these and have imported the data. We can grow this list as needed. [cid:image001.png@01D71035.F213BD50] 1. The general mechanism of displaying a single object for an AuthoritySource record: https://grcschema.org/AuthorityIdentifier This is just a schema definition of the structure and isn't implemented in data. authority_source_fk, abbreviation, and name are derived from the AuthoritySource table and record_id is the representative record id in the source system. { "@context": "http://grcschema.org/", "@type": "AuthorityIdentifier", "abbreviation": "String", "authority_source_fk": "Integer", "id": "Integer", "name": "String", "record_id": "String" } 1. In practice, this object in a Person record has the person_fk added: https://grcschema.org/PersonAuthorityIdentifiers { "@context": "http://grcschema.org/", "@type": "PersonAuthorityIdentifiers", "@set": [ { "PersonAuthorityIdentifier": { "@type": "PersonAuthorityIdentifier", "name": "String", "id": "Integer", "person_fk": "Integer", "abbreviation": "String", "record_id": "String", "authority_source_fk": "Integer" } } ] } Please let us know if this will be acceptable, and we will add the object into Person. Thank you, ​ Sean Kohler, CTO p. 702.805.2467 Unified Compliance www.unifiedcompliance.com<http://www.unifiedcompliance.com> "My computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick-boxing." -Emo Phillips ________________________________ From: Dorian Cougias via Grcschema <grcschema@listserv.grcschema.org> Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 9:14 AM To: GRCSChema Mailing List <grcschema@listserv.grcschema.org> Subject: [Grcschema] Proposed addition to naming conventions I would like to propose an addition to the naming conventions for disambiguation purposes. I would like the following object added to GRCSChema.org, showing external federated identifiers. This would be applicable (immediately) for Person Name, Organization Name, Group Name, Asset Name, Authority Document Name (this would add to the AD identifier list). Basically it consists of an authority source code (ours is grcschema for now) and the id in that system. The list is as follows: BAV Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana BNE Biblioteca Nacional de España BNF Bibliothèque Nationale de France DNB Deutsche Nationalbibliothek EGAXA Bibliotheca Alexandrina (Egypt) ICCU Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico JPG Getty Research Institute LC Library of Congress/NACO LAC Library and Archives Canada NKC National Library of the Czech Republic NLA National Library of Australia NLIara National Library of Israel (Arabic) NLIcyr National Library of Israel (Cyrillic) NLIheb National Library of Israel (Hebrew) NLIlat National Library of Israel (Latin) NUKAT The National Union Catalog of Poland PTBNP Biblioteca Nacional de Portugal SELIBR National Library of Sweden SWNL Swiss National Library GRCSchema GRCSchema.org The format is shown below, with the local id, and then each of the authorities that maintain IDs for the same record. { "authority_source": { "lc": "n95094853", "bnf": "14579256", "grcschema": "27311176", "id": "27311176" } } — Best, Dorian J. Cougias Co-Founder and Compliance Scientist Unified Compliance Framework 10161 Park Run Drive, Suite 150 Las Vegas, Nevada 89145 (o): 702-805-0662 (c): 650-255-3552 CommonControlsHub.com ComplianceDictionary.com STIGViewer.com UCFMapper.com UCFResearch.com UnifiedCompliance.com
SK
Sean Kohler
Wed, Mar 3, 2021 11:27 PM

Dorian,

  1. Person is updated for review: https://grcschema.org/Person
  2. Organization is updated for review: https://grcschema.org/Organization (through adding https://grcschema.org/OrganizationAuthorityIdentifiers)
  3. Group is updated for review: https://grcschema.org/Group (through adding https://grcschema.org/GroupAuthorityIdentifiers)
  4. AuthorityDocument is updated for review: https://grcschema.org/AuthorityDocument (through adding https://grcschema.org/ADAuthorityIdentifiers)

Regards,

Sean

Dorian, 1. Person is updated for review: https://grcschema.org/Person 2. Organization is updated for review: https://grcschema.org/Organization (through adding https://grcschema.org/OrganizationAuthorityIdentifiers) 3. Group is updated for review: https://grcschema.org/Group (through adding https://grcschema.org/GroupAuthorityIdentifiers) 4. AuthorityDocument is updated for review: https://grcschema.org/AuthorityDocument (through adding https://grcschema.org/ADAuthorityIdentifiers) Regards, Sean ________________________________ From: Dorian Cougias <admin@grcschema.org> Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 2:03 PM To: Sean Kohler <skohler@unifiedcompliance.com>; GRCSChema Mailing List <grcschema@listserv.grcschema.org> Subject: Re: Proposed addition to naming conventions I think it’s perfect. Anyone else? — Best, Dorian J. Cougias Managing Director GRCSchema.org 10161 Park Run Drive, Suite 150 Las Vegas, Nevada 89145 (o): 702-805-0662 (c): 650-255-3552 From: Sean Kohler via Grcschema <grcschema@listserv.grcschema.org> Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 1:35 PM To: GRCSChema Mailing List <grcschema@listserv.grcschema.org>, Dorian Cougias <dcougias@unifiedcompliance.com> Subject: [Grcschema] Re: Proposed addition to naming conventions Dorian, To support this, here is the proposed structure: 1. To capture the list of Authority Sources by abbreviation and name: https://grcschema.org/AuthoritySource We created a table to hold these and have imported the data. We can grow this list as needed. [cid:image001.png@01D71035.F213BD50] 1. The general mechanism of displaying a single object for an AuthoritySource record: https://grcschema.org/AuthorityIdentifier This is just a schema definition of the structure and isn't implemented in data. authority_source_fk, abbreviation, and name are derived from the AuthoritySource table and record_id is the representative record id in the source system. { "@context": "http://grcschema.org/", "@type": "AuthorityIdentifier", "abbreviation": "String", "authority_source_fk": "Integer", "id": "Integer", "name": "String", "record_id": "String" } 1. In practice, this object in a Person record has the person_fk added: https://grcschema.org/PersonAuthorityIdentifiers { "@context": "http://grcschema.org/", "@type": "PersonAuthorityIdentifiers", "@set": [ { "PersonAuthorityIdentifier": { "@type": "PersonAuthorityIdentifier", "name": "String", "id": "Integer", "person_fk": "Integer", "abbreviation": "String", "record_id": "String", "authority_source_fk": "Integer" } } ] } Please let us know if this will be acceptable, and we will add the object into Person. Thank you, ​ Sean Kohler, CTO p. 702.805.2467 Unified Compliance www.unifiedcompliance.com<http://www.unifiedcompliance.com> "My computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick-boxing." -Emo Phillips ________________________________ From: Dorian Cougias via Grcschema <grcschema@listserv.grcschema.org> Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 9:14 AM To: GRCSChema Mailing List <grcschema@listserv.grcschema.org> Subject: [Grcschema] Proposed addition to naming conventions I would like to propose an addition to the naming conventions for disambiguation purposes. I would like the following object added to GRCSChema.org, showing external federated identifiers. This would be applicable (immediately) for Person Name, Organization Name, Group Name, Asset Name, Authority Document Name (this would add to the AD identifier list). Basically it consists of an authority source code (ours is grcschema for now) and the id in that system. The list is as follows: BAV Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana BNE Biblioteca Nacional de España BNF Bibliothèque Nationale de France DNB Deutsche Nationalbibliothek EGAXA Bibliotheca Alexandrina (Egypt) ICCU Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico JPG Getty Research Institute LC Library of Congress/NACO LAC Library and Archives Canada NKC National Library of the Czech Republic NLA National Library of Australia NLIara National Library of Israel (Arabic) NLIcyr National Library of Israel (Cyrillic) NLIheb National Library of Israel (Hebrew) NLIlat National Library of Israel (Latin) NUKAT The National Union Catalog of Poland PTBNP Biblioteca Nacional de Portugal SELIBR National Library of Sweden SWNL Swiss National Library GRCSchema GRCSchema.org The format is shown below, with the local id, and then each of the authorities that maintain IDs for the same record. { "authority_source": { "lc": "n95094853", "bnf": "14579256", "grcschema": "27311176", "id": "27311176" } } — Best, Dorian J. Cougias Co-Founder and Compliance Scientist Unified Compliance Framework 10161 Park Run Drive, Suite 150 Las Vegas, Nevada 89145 (o): 702-805-0662 (c): 650-255-3552 CommonControlsHub.com ComplianceDictionary.com STIGViewer.com UCFMapper.com UCFResearch.com UnifiedCompliance.com